Market Trends: Patience is worn out
- Vietnam stock market started Tuesday session quite smoothly. However, selling pressure on large cap tickers caused VN Index to lose its green in the afternoon, while small cap had a sublime day.
- At the end, VN Index dropped 1.73 points, or -0.13% and closed at 1,339.7. Liquidity reversed to drop when trading value was just VND 19,659 bn, equivalent to 775mn shares traded. Meanwhile, foreign investors ‘s net withdraw hasn’t stopped with a net value of VND 749bn.
- The burden that weighted down VN Index was still banking group. In which, CTG (-2.04%), VPB (-1.39%) had the biggest impact, followed by HPG (-0.98%). On the contrary, the three stocks that supported the index the best were MSN (+3.75%), SAB (+2.79%) and HVN (+6.9%).
- The absence of supportive information for large cap group such as real estate, and banking has made VN Index almost flat in recent sessions. Meanwhile, small cap tickers continued to attract money leading to consecutively set new highs. In general, stocks that are expected to benefit from the reopening plan continued to skyrocket such as aviation and retail.
- In term of technical view, VN Index has failed to test the strong resistant level at 1,350. In addition, closing in recent session with small-body candles showed that investor sentiment is still cautious. Furthermore, MACD indicators closed above 0, but if RSI fails to break the short-term downtrend line, the risk of another correction will be more likely. The signal was mixed in the recent
File format: pdf
Size: 202.54 KB