Last week, the Dow Jones index fell 1.61%, the S&P 500 fell 2.39% and the Nasdaq Composite fell 3.16%. The decline came from concerns about higher interest rates, with the US 10-year bond yield hitting 5% for the first time since 2007. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell suggested last week that the The central bank will keep interest rates steady at its next meeting but also hinted that a stronger economy could lead to higher interest rates for longer.
VNINDEX index closed at 1108.03 (+1.86%) with relative liquidity. The momentum spread strongly with 389 green codes and 122 red codes. The stocks leading the market include: VHM CTG HPG, on the contrary, the decline came from GMD, SSB, PGV. Foreign investors and proprietary trading were strong net buyers.
- World stocks: Global stocks agreed to decline
- Vietnam stocks: Temporarily decreasing momentum
- Business news: #HT1, #DHA, #TPB, #ORS, #NVB, #VND
- Highlights: Geopolitical risks from the Israel-Hamas war
- Technical perspective and updated recommendations: #NKG
- Event calendar
File format: pdf
Size: 2.24 MB