In regular trading on Tuesday, the Dow fell 1.29% and turned negative for the year. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite also dropped 1.37% and 1.87%, respectively, with ten out of the 11 S&P sectors ending lower led to the downside by consumer discretionary, real estate and technology. Those losses came after the JOLTS job opening report came in stronger-than-expected, supporting views that the Federal Reserve will keep interest rates elevated for an extended period. Rallying Treasury yields also continued to pressure equities, with the benchmark 10-year US yield marching toward a 16-year high of 4.8%.
VNINDEX closed 1,118 (-37 points, -3.22%) with liquidity at a much higher level than the previous session. The market recorded a decline in most stock codes. Among them, BID, VIC, and HPG contributed the most to the market's decline. Foreign investors were slight net sellers at VND -155 billion.
- Chứng khoán thế giới: Đà giảm nối dài sau báo cáo việc làm của Mỹ
- World stock: The downward trend continued after the US employment report
- Vietnam stocks: The market is red and heading towards the long-term support zone
- Business news: #VCB, #VJC, #VGC, #LTG, #LPB, #SBT
- Technical perspective and updated recommendations
- Event calendar
File format: pdf
Size: 1.54 MB