Last week, the Dow inched up 0.12%, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite lost 0.16% and 0.39%, respectively. Last week, University of Michigan consumer confidence data for the United States fell to 67.7 in September 2023 from 69.5 the previous month, a steeper decline from a nearly two-year high of 71.6 in September 7 and lower than market expectations of 69.1. The figure is in line with waning optimism, amid an aggressive tightening campaign by the Federal Reserve and also weak labor market data from early in the third quarter.
VNINDEX index closed at 1,227.3 (+0.29%) with low liquidity compared to previous decreasing sessions. The stocks leading the market include: GAS VHM VCB, on the contrary, the decline came from VIC, CTG. Foreign investors are net sellers and self-trading companies are net buyers.
- World stocks: Mixed performance
- Vietnamese stocks: Accumulation is necessary
- Business news: #FPT, #PNJ, #PVS, #DRC, #PET
- Technical perspective and updated recommendations
- Highlights: The US and Vietnam become comprehensive strategic partners
- Event calendar
File format: pdf
Size: 1.57 MB