The Dow Jones index lost its previous momentum and ended lower by 148 points, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 declined by 0.5% and 0.3% respectively. The US economy added 187,000 jobs in June, which was slightly below market expectations of a 200,000 job increase. However, the unemployment rate unexpectedly decreased to 3.5%, and hourly earnings exceeded estimates with a yearly growth rate of 4.4%.
Last week, VNINDEX continued its fifth consecutive week of gains, closing at 1,225.98 with increasing trading volume. During the week, there were two sessions where the market declined by about 10 points, but the following sessions quickly regained momentum. The upward trend is still intact as the 10-day moving average (MA 10) has not been violated in the past month. The contributing stocks to the market's gains were in the VIC, VHM, and VPB groups, while SSB and VCB performed in the opposite direction.
- World stocks: Global Markets Experience Mixed Trends
- Vietnam stocks: Trading Volume Surges
- Business News #HBS, #VPB, #VCG, #TNG, #FMC, #DGW
- Technical perspective and recommendation update #BSI, #VRE
- Key highlights: CPI’s basket of goods and services
- Event calendar
File format: pdf
Size: 1.66 MB