Market Trends: Maintain winning streak
- Vietnam stock market have third consecutive gain on Thursday trading session as it kept a modest green.
- Closing session, VN Index increased by 3.17 points or +0.23% and stopped at 1,365. Liquidity improved with a trading value of VND 19,926 bn, equivalent to 693 mn shares traded. Foreign investors still maintained a steady net selling pattern with net value was - VND 577 bn.
- Leading and helping to lift the index up thanks to a great contribution from banking stocks. VCB (+1.26%), VPB (+4.24%) and SSB (+3.87%) were key player. Meanwhile, oil & gas group reversed, with GAS (-2.2%) as the biggest burden, negatively affecting the index along with HPG (-0.89%) and VHM (-0.62%).
- In general, VN-Index traded quite struggling today. The gain was supported by banking group and some other sectors such as real estate, chemicals, securities, and transportation. The global gas price reversed after Russia's move to ease the gas energy crisis contributed to affecting local investor sentiment on this group of stocks and partly restrained the index.
- Technically, VN Index formed a Doji candle with a long shadow at the close showing that bull team still dominated. Regard the current position, VN Index is at the old peak in August (1,360- 1,380), if it breaks out of this line, the next high could be the historical peak around 1,420.
File format: pdf
Size: 198.53 KB