In regular trading on Thursday, the Dow fell 0.75%, the S&P 500 dropped 0.85% and the Nasdaq Composite tumbled 0.96%. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said on Thursday that inflation remains too high and lower economic growth will likely be needed to bring it down. Markets are still expecting the Fed to hold rates steady in November, but are anticipated to remain elevated for an extended period.
VNINDEX closed at 1,087.8 (-15.5 points, -1.41%) with relatively low liquidity. The market dropped sharply with 364 red stocks and 141 green stocks. In the opposite direction, foreign investors and proprietary trading continued to net buy, in which proprietary trading suddenly net bought with a total value of more than 800 billion VND. The group of rising stocks leading the market is CTG BID, on the opposite side are VPB and VCB. Most industry groups declined sharply, except for the media group, which increased slightly.
- World stocks: Negative sentiment cast a shadow on global stocks
- Vietnam stocks: Demand has vanished, market are in free fall
- Business news #HHV, #NDN, #PPC, #HAG, #ELC, #PNJ
- Key highlights: Visiting raw material area and meeting BOD of SBT
- Technical perspective and updated recommendations
- Event calendar
File format: pdf
Size: 2.06 MB